Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Petshop of Horrors

  1. #11
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad I could help out! ^^

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're right, Carole, about Tokyopop licensing a bunch of stuff. I was amazed at all the stuff they took. And around the same time, Viz and another company licensed a bunch of popular manga as well. I joked with my friend that there was an English manga company war going on. T__T

    I actually have this dream which I'll probably never be able to pursue (money issues, parents, timing. etc. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) but I really want to start a "controversial manga company" which does all the stuff other companies are afraid to touch or which they censor, change parts of, etc. Gory stuff, blasphemous stuff, yaoi... XD

    Heyyy, I'm sure there's a huge market out there! Of course, by the time I'm old enough, most of the stuff will probably be licensed by the monopoly companies. T__T

    Heck, I'll probably become a lawyer or doctor or get some other high paying job that I hate. XP

  3. #13
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, what a great dream ^.^ I wish I could do that as well. Of course if it ever actually happened all my friends and family would be shocked, "You actually read this?!" [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Lawyer? Doctor? Definatly not the jobs for me XD I'm a firm believer in pursuing the job you'll love, which for me will be working with computers.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha! My parents think that manga is a "waste of time" and that I'm "too old for it". [img]tongue.gif[/img] I even point out to them that there are lots of older people who read manga as well, but it never works. XD

  5. #15
    Inactive Member xjckimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh! I have the exact same dream!(Abt starting up a manga translating company that actually gives DECENT translations, not spew out nonsensical, abbreviated sentences...and do yaoi, of course.)

    I'm offered entry into the law course yesterday, and I haven't decide to take it up or not, because I don't think I can fit Jap lessons and modules into my timetable if I take law. Not to mention that I'll have to spend all my time memmorising stuff if I read law. My current major, life sciences, is SOOOO slack in comparisan. Sigh. N i gotta decide if I should take up that offer by monday.... Can't decide if I should.

    (And one more point. I don't wanna do research, which is the default path if you do life sciences, but I can't public speak properly(nerves) if I do law either. Help....what should I chose???) [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member kdya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]wink.gif[/img] they're called 'parents' for a reason ... they're pretty much the same everywhere. don't think anyone's ever too old to start reading mangas, just like those comic collectors at conventions, usually not teenyboppers.

    i would strongly suggest following your heart when it comes to picking a career. high paying jobs tend to take an equally high toll on your happiness (been there, done that). but that's just me [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    @.@ My dad borrows my comics. Not the Yaoi ones though! I keep them in a safe place and guard them with my life. ^^

    I've just been bitching about tokyopop in another thread.
    Can we all just boycott them?
    Because you have to admit they're pretty shit, and as soon as something is scanlated online by fans, they take it and do it worse, then charge money for it. :cough: PSoH, CGT, duklyon...:cough:

    Oh, and val who used to have Psoh.com, if and otaku out there remember used to run the classic, sakurazukamori.net, until she got over CLAMP and TB. Perhaps she just got over psoh, too. I'm sure she's out there somewhere...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Tabris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2003
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Well, that's highly dissapointing. I was getting ready to order both Fake and PSOH, but now I doubt I will. Of course, this should have been expected coming from the company that changed Kohaku (in CLAMP's Wish) into a female >_<

    Seems like the American companies do their best to license everything and then completely butcher it.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member speakerofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My parents think exactly the same.

    *looks up* And I just bought a load of Tokyopop manga. >< But they have Furuba, so I'm holding out for that.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't read Pet Shop of Horrors, *yet* but I do have quite a few Tokyopop mangas because those are the only thing that is available in my lil neck of the woods. I appreciate their efforts (because without them I wouldn't have enjoyed many wonderful works) but I do wish they would take a little more time and brush up on the quality control department.

    @kitty: I actually have the Demon Diary books too and my volume #2 copy seems to be published correctly (no upside down pages for me [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] ) Did you take it back to the bookstore and get a refund or exchange it? They should help with that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •